Wednesday, March 11, 2009

waiting games





Illustrative exploration pieces I did for [rapidly-approaching] fourth year. (I'm not sure at this point whether I should post some of my pitch and inspiration sketches or keep mum, though I will say that essentially it's a coming-of-age story). These are gouache and pen on watercolour paper. The characters are done in photoshop. I'm kind of thinking I might leave them white (possibly of the egg-shell persuasion?) and a loosely-painted style of washes and such for the backgrounds, blurring background elements for added depth. I was contemplating delving into stop-mo for this, but given the possible number of backgrounds involved versus time constraints and 'the medium IS the message' factor, I don't think that's going to be the best fit. Definitely something I want to try out in the future though.
NFB inspires me.

No comments: