Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Excessive Life Drawing Dumpage




I had an enjoyable time in Life Drawing this year; I think a lot of this had to do with the fact that we were essentially given free reign in regards to exploring mediums (media?) and styles. That relieved considerable pressure from producing ultra-finessed, polished, 'pretty' drawings, and I guess as you can see, I sorta thrived in straying from that course and enjoyed some experimentation. The above three were drawn with my right (i.e. non-dominant) hand, which meant less control but more vitality and expression in the line-work I think. Kudos to Tim McCormick in encouraging the search for individual style. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Some of this comment is copy and pasted from a reply I made to one of your comments in my blog because I wanted to make sure you got it ;]

I really enjoy your outlook on life drawing, and it's obviously working really well for you as the stuff you've been posting is beautiful and bursting with character and story. It's encouraging to see someone break away from the main stream idea of how one has to approach life drawing, it's definitely the avenue I'm going to take for the remainder of my time here at Sheridan.

Beautiful lines and beautiful storytelling :]