Wednesday, December 24, 2014

'The Christmas ____________'

I've noticed over the past few years a surge in 'Christmas'-related items (featured in sappy songs, sappy coffee-table books, and sappy so-forth) that in fact have a very dubious connection to Christmas, if indeed at all. Apparently if you stick the word 'Christmas' in front of something it instantly becomes very marketable during the holiday season. I think we've only scratched the surface with the endless possibilities, and so beyond the obvious 'Christmas Shoes' I would like to offer a few potential alternatives, with the aid of Google: 

Not making the list (but that's for next year!) are the Christmas Ironing Board, the Christmas Strutless Biplane, and the Christmas Creep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you publish greeting cards with you awesome drawings? I am sure that some people may love them!

Carla (Veldman) Morris said...

Thanks for the suggestion - I've been looking into that possibility lately, stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Sure! I think it'd be good to put some quotes on the cards, too!