Friday, April 19, 2019

When I was in my third year of college I was unable to make it home for Easter and was terribly home-sick, pining for family and the clusters of Easter lilies that would be grouped at the front of the church sanctuary on Easter Sunday, year after year.

That evening of Good Friday as I came out of the animation wing to retrieve my bike from the bike locks and head home, I was arrested by the surreal sight of a pot of Easter lilies - sitting in my bike basket - waiting for me, purple cellophane and white blooms glowing in the moonlight.

I don't remember ever mentioning to someone my nostalgia for Easter lilies and never did find out who planted them there, but this Easter I've been reminiscing on that time and reflecting on the kindness of God - His mercies great and small.


No comments: