Saturday, January 19, 2008

the city so nice they named it twice.

I had a chance to get out to New York City with a few friends from school last weekend. Despite a lot of walking and a minor incident involving a grape juice stain down the back of my coat (not unlike a Jackson Pollock painting,Welch's being the culprit), it was an enjoyable weekend of photo-taking, food consumption, and Dutch Blitzing under the influence of Red Bull with some decent and qualitative company, not to mention an opportunity to get in a few cafe drawings.
I find I tended to gravitate towards sketching the restaurant/bar type scenes. These usually consist of more distinct atmospheres with a number of people heavily involved in football games, talking loudly or drinking away their sorrows and all that other great stuff. I think they reflect a particular aspect of human nature, though I'm not sure what.
I also drew a violinist playing under a bridge in Central Park. Violins are neat.




No comments: